That odd time of the year between Christmas/New year and springtime
Once all the stress and hecticness of Christmas time is over and everything’s calmed down to a more..lets say.. normal life again and your feeling exhausted by it all. It can feel a bit boring really though, but it can also be a blessing too. I know, its still cold, miserable and the night’s are still dark…..and we’re still in hibernation mode.
Just waiting for spring to arrive.
However there are some good benefits to this quieter time..this inbetween bit.
• It gives us some much needed rest and some peace after all the hecticness.
• To have some time-out to think about what you want your next year to look like
• To think back on the previous year ( good and bad ) stuff how would you like this next year to be different?
• What lessons have you learned from last year? What changes would you like to make?
• Make plans and set new goals
• Re-decorate, re-organise, de-clutter, freshen up, your home…out with the old
• Write a list of all the things you want to achieve this year
• Start a new hobbie that you’ve always wanted to try or a new interest..a course maybe?
• Start saving for that holiday
Spring is my most favourite time of the year. Cannot wait to get back outside into my garden and start planting seeds.. love growing flowers.
Also love re- painting our sheds and fences too right at the beginning of spring..tidies and freshens up the whole garden…plus any excuse to be outside more ha love it.
Looking forward to going out for more walks with the dogs in actual day light and if I’m lucky, a bit of sunshine.
Trips to the park with the grandkids at the weekends – love them, they’re so much fun. We play all sorts of ball games..this Nanna becomes a big kid haha…hoping to go a bit further this year ( push past my phobias) more and go to some beautiful places. Take a picnic, go on long country walks, and fingers crossed…go to the seaside… Not been for years.
Now I have my posh new camera that my hubby bought me for my birthday, I can take even more photos and better ones ( when I figure out how to use it properly ) Ill be like a pro ha..how exciting. So expect to see more photos on my blog *smily*.
So there are some benefits to the winter time especially this inbetween bit – rest, time-out, breathing space, planning, organising, re-evaluating, bit of soul-searching, looking forward, lots of positives even when winter time leaves you feeling blue.
Keep looking forward as you go…
Do you have the winter blues? How do you cheer yourself up? Do you look forward to springtime? What’s your favourite time of the year? Comment below.
Love LittleWildflower x