Self discovery and getting to know your true self
Getting to know your true self is self discovery it is a constant thing as we never stop learning, growing, changing and discovering throughout our lives. There’s always something new to discover about ourselves.
Its one of our biggest and most important adventure of our lives
“life is a journey, not a destination”
Yet most of us walk around not really knowing who we truly are, what we are really capable of, or what we really want.
Do you want to start discovering who you really are? what you really want? and what you are capable of?
Right lets get straight to work!
Get yourself a pen and pad.
Here’s some questions you need to ask yourself – Be honest!
- What do I love most about my life now?
- What do I love the most about me?
- What brings me joy?
- What am I passionate about
- What inspires me?
- What motivates me?
- What am I proud of?
- What are my strengths?
- What are my weaknesses?
- What do I need more of in my life?
- What do I need less of?
- How do I really feel right now?
- What am I most afraid of?
- What am I thankful for?
- What are my main goals in life?
- What is the most important thing to me?
- Where are my favorite places to go?
- What things do I enjoy doing the most?
- What hurts me the most?
- If I could do anything, what would it be?
- If I could be anyone, who would I be?
- What would my perfect day look like?
- What would my perfect life look like?
- What are my top 5 favorite quotes?
- Where do I see myself in 6 months? a year?
- What are my 6 best qualities?
- If I could change anything in my life, what would it be?
- What do I often dream of? where does my mind wonder to when I’m relaxed?
- What makes me feel alive?
- What brings me peace?
- What would I do if fear didn’t stop me?
- What am I doing when I feel at my best?
- What 5 words would I use to describe me?
- How would I live my life if I wasn’t afraid of what other people think?
- What are 3 things I need to stop doing?
- What are 3 things I need to start doing?
- What should I leave in the past?
- What do I want to take into my future?
- What’s on my bucket list?
- If I could learn a new skill, what would it be?
- If I had more time, what would I do?
- How can I improve my daily habits?
- What piece of advice would I give to myself?
- What gives me a sense of purpose?
- What are my talents? what am I good at?
- What was my favorite thing to do as a child?
- If I could start fresh, how would i change my life?
Now you’ve answered the questions about you and your life, you should have a pretty clear picture of who you really are and what you truly want in your life.
Why don’t you keep this list and see if things change in 6 months or a year from now. Maybe you can think of some more questions or even start journaling.
Don’t over think your answers let them come straight to you
Do this questionnaire again in six months
See if you have changed or the things you want have now changed?
Some people may consider self discovery as a selfish thing, but I believe its a very important thing because in order to be the best version of yourself, you must truly know and love yourself and practice self care. When we are the best versions of ourselves, we can be the best partner, parent, friend..etc.. and be of great value in the world – Win Win.
” you can’t give from an empty cup”
I hope you enjoyed my post, let me know how you get on.
Love LittleWildflower x