Passionflower health benefits and uses
Passionflower is a beautiful flower and a herb that can help a variety of conditions, like wound healing, restlessness, agitation, anxiety and insomnia
I’ve tried it as tea before and found it very calming, especially for anxiety.
- Calms the mind – boosts GABA in the brain, which lowers brain activity to help you relax and sleep better
- anxiety and nervousness relief
- soothes the stomach – helps beat stomach ulcers
- helps with hot flushes – menopausal
- helps to reduce pain
- passionflower seed oil – healing for acne, irritated or dry skin
- used with essential oils for massage
- can be used in homemade, natural skin and hair care
- lowers blood pressure
Possible side effects
Usually considered safe but there are some rare cases
- rapid heart beat
*should not be taken with sedative medications*
How to take passionflower
Add dried to boiling water, to make a tea. Or you can buy the tea already packaged at health food stores.
You can also find capsules, liquid extracts, tablets and passionflower seed oil for skin and hair care, it is great for dry skin, soothes and heals burns – including sunburn. It’s particularly beneficial for sensitive and mature skin. Good for dry hair and scalp it is very conditioning, leaving your hair shiny.
I do hope this post has been useful? Let me know in the comments if you use passionflower or would like to try it
Love LittleWildflower x