Natural remedies for Premenstrual syndrome
I have put together some natural remedies for Premenstrual syndrome in this post.
Premenstrual syndrome is a name given to some symptoms some women experience for about one to two weeks leading up to their period when the hormones start to fluctuate.
Some women tend to be more sensitive to the changes in their bodies due to the hormonal shifts and stress can have a big impact too. The more stress in our lives, the worse the symptoms seem to be.
Some symptoms include
Some women don’t experience or have very few symptoms at all.
Where as some women experience Premenstrual disphoric disorder ( PMDD ) which is a very extreme form of PMS and may need medical attention or drastic help because PMDD is extreme and very complex. I know as I’ve suffered with it for years!
I have put together some natural remedies for you to help the symptoms of PMS and self care tips
Natural remedies for PMS
- Nutrition – Eat clean ( organic and REAL food ) For plenty of good nutrients, you don’t want to risk deficiencies. And junk food contains lots of nasties like – preservatives, hidden sugars or salt, artificial colors and flavors and meat products may contain hormones disrupting your hormonal balance. So organic is much better because they don’t contain any of these nasties.
- Hydrate – Drink plenty of filtered or spring water, herbal teas, fruit juices, smoothies to keep things flowing and cleansing the system
- Herbs – Chaste berry helps cramps and fluid retention, St John’s wort helps depression, Lavender helps bloating, cramping and is calming, Ginger root helps digestive issues and nausea, Chamomile tea helps to calm the nervous system, anxiety, digestive issues and is very relaxing, Evening primrose helps water retention, breast tenderness, low mood, acne, White peony helps anxiety, depression ( don’t take if you are estrogen dominant because its been found to increase estrogen ) Fennel helps cramping as its anti-inflammatory and water retention also helps to regulate female hormones,
- Aromatherapy – Lavender helps to calm, Chamomile helps to relax, Rose helps to reduce stress and anxiety, Ylang ylang helps to calm, reduce stress and soothes the nervous system, Clary sage helps anxiety and cramps, Neroli helps anxiety and PMS symptoms, Peppermint helps with fatigue and low mood, nausea and digestive issues
- Exercise – exercise often and keep active to boost your happy feel good hormones, do what you enjoy, even walking helps and better still, go outside for at least 20mins per day to boost your vitamin D, which will help to boost your mood
- Rest & relaxation – rest when you feel you need to and do what ever helps you to relax, be it meditation, yoga, being out in nature, gardening, being creative, reading, salt baths, listening to music, cuddles with loved ones, including fur babies, taking naps
- Crystals/Gem stones Rose quartz promotes self love and harmony, Garnet promotes self-empowerment, gratitude, Turquoise helps to stabilizes the mood, creates inner calm and peacefulness, Moonstone soothes emotional instability, calms stress and enhances intuition
- Using natural beauty products and cleaning products bought products are usually full of harmful chemicals, they contain some chemicals that can cause havoc with the natural hormonal balance, some products contain estrogen like substances that can be harmful to your wellbeing and again cause havoc with your own natural hormonal cycle. You can buy natural products or have a go at making your own home made natural products. I make my own and sell some here in my Etsy shop come over and have a look.
- Self-care equals self love, so take good care of yourself all month round, not just at a certain time but ALL the time – you are worth it!
Cut down or limit
- Junk food
I do hope these tips have been useful for you? Let me know..
Love LittleWildflower x