Natural home remedies to help and relieve coughs and sore throat
I have put together some natural remedies for coughs and sore throat.
Its the time of year again when the dreaded viruses are doing their rounds, colds, flu, coughs and sore throats are easily passed around and picked up.
Like I always say. “.prevention is better than the cure.”
A healthy lifestyle will help keep you healthy and keep your immune system strong
BUT if you do find yourself catching a cough or sore throat..
Here’s some natural remedies
- Honey – is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory which soothes and treats a sore throat
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water, herbal teas
- Clear the air – the use of scented and chemical cleaning products, perfumes, air fresheners can cause and irritate the sinuses and throat, making a cough or sore throat worse
- Ginger – helps to ease a dry cough and relieve pain. Its anti-inflammatory
- Salt water gargle – simple but effective at treating a sore throat and wet cough
- Thyme – a good remedy for a cough, sore throat and to help bronchitis. Add 2 tsp of dried thyme to a cup of hot water, steep for 10 mins before straining then drink
- Slippery elm – treats coughs and sore throats – make a tea – add 2 tsp of dried herb to a cup of hot water, steep for 10 mins before straining then drink
- Probiotics – boost your immune system – add natural yogurt, miso soup, sauerkraut, kimchi to your diet to boost your good gut bacteria
- Liquorice root – helps to ease the discomfort of a sore throat and helps to clear the air ways and keep you free from infection
- Marshmallow root – is a herbal extract that is used to treat a sore throat
- Herbal teas – ginger, chamomile and peppermint
- Honey and lemon drink – honey helps to ease the symptoms of a sore throat as its antimicrobial ( germ killing ) and lemon soothes inflammation
- Apple cider vinegar – is a natural tonic and helps to soothe a sore scratchy throat – add 1 tble sp to 1 cup of warm water and sip when needed
- Pineapple juice, honey, ginger, cayenne and salt cough remedy – blend together 1 cup pineapple juice, 1 tsp chopped ginger, 1 tsp honey, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp salt – drink 1/4 of a cup up to 3 times in the day.
*always consult your health care provider if your symptoms are severe or you are worried*
I hope you enjoyed my post, have you found it helpful?
Love LittleWildflower x