I’m sharing with you some natural remedies to help calm anxiety
First off, anxiety is normal, we all feel anxious from time to time.
Anxiety is an emotion like all other emotions so we can’t ” cure ” ourselves of anxiety, just like we can’t ” cure ” ourselves of all our other emotions, why would we want to? I know that no one wants to feel these negative emotions, I know I don’t. But I’m afraid it comes as part of being a human, we need to feel them all.
Now what happens when we have too much anxiety or it becomes extreme and starts to effect your life? Or worse, starts to ruin your everyday life.
Symptoms of anxiety
- Heart racing
- Heart palpitations
- Rapid breathing
- Stomach upset
- Dry mouth
- Feeling restless/irritable
- Can’t focus or concentrate
- Excessive worrying
- Tense muscles
- Pins and needles
- Feeling of fear/panic
- Feeling of dread/doom
- Trouble sleeping
- Can’t relax
- Avoidance ( social or other situations that may cause anxiety )
Well you need to start doing something about healing ( not get rid completely ) but start to heal whatever is causing the anxiety in the first place.
Some say anxiety is caused by over worrying about the future and some say its old bottled up or suppressed emotions from the past – I think it can be from either or both.
I haven’t healed all my anxiety (yet) but I have found some natural ways of helping or managing my anxiety while I work on healing.
You can try some if it feels right for you.
Natural things that help calm anxiety
- Essential oils – lavender, valerian, jasmine, holy basil, bergamot, chamomile, rose, clary sage, vetiver, ylang ylang, patchouli, geranium, lemon balm, fennel
- Magnesium salt baths
- Camomile tea with honey
- Sound – soothing music, nature sounds
- Proper breathing techniques
- Being out in nature
- Cuddles/hugs with loved ones
- Talk – talk about how you are feeling
- Journaling/writing it out
- Creativity – any arts and crafts
- Diet – eat healthy, balanced and enough nutrients like vitamin D, magnesium, omega 3
- Herbs – ashwagandaha, valerian, lemon balm, passionflower
- Crystals – amethyst, blue agate, rose quartz, clear quartz, black tourmaline, sodalite, shungite, selenite, smokey quartz, angelite, ocean jasper, hematite, moonstone, citrine, tigers eye, fluorite
*always speak to your health care provider before trying herbs or essential oils if you are on medication or have other health issues*
One thing I have learned over the years is that, the more I try to run, hide or ignore my anxiety ( or any other emotion ) the worse it gets.
Now I let myself feel the emotion when it comes up and do my best to work through it or work with it. It isn’t easy to feel your anxiety ( or pain ) but I believe its the only way to heal.
” the only pain you will heal, is the pain you let yourself feel”
One step at a time, one emotion at a time. Healing happens in stages, you can’t heal years worth of pain in a day, so take it day by day and be kind, patient and gentle with yourself. Practice self care always.
I hope you enjoyed my post, let me know if you have any ideas of things that help your anxiety. You can comment below.