I was given a kitten as a gift
So last weekend I got such a lovely surprise when my daughter turned up at our house with a tiny kitten for me. My early birthday present from my daughters and Wow what a gift. One of my dreams come true! So a huge Thankyou to my daughters, I love you so so much♡♡♡
I’m thrilled to bits as I’ve wanted a kitten for a few years now. I do love all animals but I have to admit cats are my all time favourite – I just love them.
I named her Poppy, the name just came to me when I first met her – it just suits her perfectly.
Poppy is the cutest, she is so loving and playful, I just adore her.
Although I’m now covered in tiny scratches on my hands and arms.. Ouchy.. I don’t care because I love this fluffy little bundle of love and joy♡
She’s found the windowsill ( typical cat ) and loves to lay there in the sunshine..bless her.
She climbs everything so I’ve had to move some stuff ( breakables ) around.
The other day, I’d brought her into our room for snuggles while I was reading a book and she peed on our new duvet..Ooops We literally just put that brand new winter duvet on the night before – Oh dear.
I’m just so happy that I now have a new baby to take care of and enjoy her playful loving company and no doubt more mischief too haha..
Facts about cats:
- Cats spend about 70% of their lives sleeping Zzz
- Cats tongues are rough so they can lick all the meat from bones
- Cats spend about a 3rd of there waking hours grooming
- A cats purr can be healing to us and a self-soothing behavior
- Grapes, raisins and onions are harmful to cats
- Kittens are best spayed/neutered at about 8 weeks old – which can extend a cats life
- Hissing is defensive, not aggressive – its an expression of fear
- Kneading is a sign of contentment and happiness
- Wagging their tails is a sign you are annoying them, unlike dogs – that’s a sign of happiness
- When a cat rubs their head against you, its not just a sign of affection, but as a sign of their territory
- Cats meow as a communication to humans – they can recognize your voice
- Cats shouldn’t be given milk because they are lactose intolerant
- Cats can jump 5 times their weight
- The oldest cat to ever live was 38 years old
I hope you enjoyed my post to introduce my adorable kitty baby♡
Do you have cats? Do you love cats? Let me know in the comments below
Love LittleWildflower x