Hydration is one of the most important things for your health
Good hydration is very important for your health
Keeping yourself well hydrated by drinking plenty of liquids but also eating foods that contain water helps aswell.
I don’t think you can beat drinking lots of water though, especially filtered or spring water because these contain less harmful chemicals than tap water.
Filtered and spring water will help you detox by flushing out any toxins in your system
Did you know that 60% of our body is made up of water!
Each person needs to decide how much water they need
There are no set rules to how much we should drink, but it is recommended to have between 8 – 11 cups per day. Remember though, it is different for men, women and children and it depends on factors like the activities, climate and your health to how much is needed.
Benefits of good hydration:
- The blood is made up of 90% water – we need blood to supply the whole body of oxygen and nutrients
- Water helps you to digest food and help keeping your mouth moist with saliva
- It keeps your skin healthier and looking younger
- Helps to keep your body’s temperature regulated
- Keeps your kidneys healthy
- Water has no calories so helps you to lose weight if you are drinking water rather than sweetened beverages
- Lubrication for your joints
- Keeps all your organs functioning properly
- Helps to flush out toxins
Can you see how important good hydration is for your health
- low blood pressure
- rapid heart rate
- muscle cramps
- skin problems
- Extreme dehydration can cause organ failure
Foods to help you stay hydrated
- skimmed milk
- coconut water
- water cress
If you really don’t like plain water, add some fruit or berries to a water bottle and let the flavors infuse the water – as an added bonus, you get the nutrients from the fruit/berries as well.
I hope you have found my post helpful? Let me know
Love LittleWildflower x