Things you can do to become happier and create a happy life
We all want to be happy right! We all want a happier life? Well I think so, I know I do so I’ve come up with some ideas to help create that happier life…a happier you.
To start off we need to rid ourselves of the things that make us unhappy…like…
• A negative mindset • negative self-talk • negative old beliefs • Bad attitude • gossip • judgement of self and others • criticising self or others • comparing yourself/your life to others • toxic relationships • bottled up emotions • suppressing your true self • Bad habits
Ways towards more happiness
• Give yourself permission: to laugh out loud, to cry, scream into a pillow, feel and release your emotions, to fail sometimes, to break down, to be different, to do well, to go far and reach your dreams.
• Don’t take yourself too seriously: find humor in a negative situation, learn to laugh at yourself, let things go, be more light hearted, play more, have fun, do more of what you love.
• Don’t self ruminate: Don’t fixate on yourself or your problems too much, just go on, go out, have fun, play more, let shit go. When you get stuck on a problem, turn your attention elsewhere to something more positive- then before you know it, either the problem will solve itself or the answer will come to you effortlessly and at the right time. Have faith.
• Don’t compare yourself or your life to others: we are ALL different and unique so are our lives. Just remember we are ALL equal.
• Don’t criticise or judge yourself or others: We’re all just doing the best we can, so more care, compassion, empathy and understanding-kindness goes a long way.
• Gratitude: Write a list of all the people you love and who love you-including yourself, write a list of all the things you enjoy doing and the places you like to go…now read those lists again and realise how blessed you are – do you feel all that gratitude in your heart? You could start a gratitude journal and write 10 things you are grateful for every day, take a good look around you, do you have a roof over your head, clothes on your back and food in your belly?
• Make adjustments: Learn to make adjustments when something isn’t going your way or when your mood dips or you are feeling off – fine tune your energy in your body by making adjustments – for example…if your feeling down, do something that you know will lift your mood.
• Be of service to others: Volanteer, connect with people, help or give some of your spare time to others. Happy people know that to have balance, it’s about give and take. To share your time and energy but without letting yourself become depleted…be wise enough to know, that you have to give to yourself too. This is selfcare.
• Choose uplifting friends: Choose people that make you feel good or help you to feel good about yourself. No one is happy all the time, so yes sometimes we need to be there to uplift them- again it’s about give and take equally. For a healthy balanced friendship.
• Spend some quality time with family: If you have a loving family, that is wonderful..enjoy every minute you get to spend with them.
• Don’t rely on others for your happiness: that’s your responsibility not theirs, just like it’s not your responsibility for their happiness. Just enjoy your positive relationships/friendships that you have – they’re a beautiful added bonus to the happiness you created for yourself.
• Use your senses: The simple pleasures in life. What do you like to look at? What smells are Devine to you? What feels nice to the touch? What’s your favorite sound? What’s your most favorite taste and listen to your intuition ( sixth sense) it will guide the way.
• Find hobbies and interests: Do something you enjoy and if you don’t know what yet – try some thing new or ask yourself…What did I enjoy doing as a child? You may still enjoy it.
• Be creative or artistic: Do something creative, creativity is expressing your soul. It’s very therapeutic. What did you like to do as a child? If you enjoyed it then, chances are you’ll enjoy it now.
• Eat healthy food: There’s nothing worse than eating junk food and feeling shit after ( treats are fine in moderation) but feeling unwell is the pits. .miserable. I think we would all feel pretty miserable if we were unhealthy. A healthy body will equal a healthy mind and vise versa, which in turn will equal a healthier happier life.
• Exercise: Do something you really enjoy, it’s not meant as a punishment so something enjoyable is a must. Get your body moving….go walking, running, swimming, bike riding, sports.. ect..and enjoy.
• Be authentic: be the REAL you, be true to yourself. Be the you before all of the bullshit life threw at you.
• Music: Listen to your favorite music, sing out loud, dance around or play/learn to play a musical instrument. It’s almost always a guaranteed to lift your mood.
• Nature: connect with nature, do some gardening, get some house plants, walk in nature..in the countryside, woods, beech, what ever you like, nature is very peaceful and healing.
• Acceptance: accept who you are and where you are in life right now. The past has gone and can’t be changed, you are not there anymore and you are not that person now – you’ve changed, grown. The future hasn’t happened yet so don’t worry about it. Look ahead, plan, set goals, dream but actually live in the now, even though yes I know that is very difficult sometimes.
” the best way to predict the future, is to create it”
• Find meaning: What brings meaning to your life? Find projects to do that make use of your skills and abilities. Help someone, give your spare time and energy to help others. Don’t worry or stress if you don’t yet know your life purpose, it will come to you at the right time. In the meantime, finding small every day things that you love, that bring you joy or like I said…helping others will give you a sense of meaning.
Am I happy? Yes and No
I’m happy because I’m learning to except the fact that it’s not realistic to feel happy all the time. I’m human and us humans experience lots of different emotions and feelings all through out our days – they come and go and change like our UK weather haha..well I know mine do. Being highly sensitive and empathetic I feel ALOT. I’m also happy that all my pain and suffering over the years has brought me to where I am now. I’ve learned a lot, grown a lot and healed a lot…although I know I still have a long way to go yet. I do have a lot of things to be happy about.
And no I’m not happy about a lot of things..I could write a list but we’d be here like a week haha…seriuosly though there are things I’m unhappy about in my life and in the world, but I know I have to strive to change what I can and do my best to live the best I can. Which means, I have to do my best to create that…happiness and health..ect.. I now know that my happiness and my life is my responsibility and no one else’s. So it’s upto me to create the best version of me, so I can create the best life the I can live.
At the end of the day, we’re all a work in progress….if we were all perfectly happy, we’d be floating on white fluffy clouds playing harpes haha…but we’re not. We’re here on earth as earthlings….as I like to call us ha.. So no one’s 100% happy all the time, that’s just not realistic. Don’t beat yourself up for being an earthling oops I meant human and having feelings. Just do your best with what you have and where you are right now – whilst striving forward with the best intentions of letting yourself be you, the REAL you. No one’s perfect-we all have strengths and weaknesses and we all have different ways/things that make us feel happy.
We’re all on our own unique journey of learning, discovering, growing, living, loving and healing…as we go…
I hope you enjoyed this post or it helped you in some way? Let me know
Love Marie x