You can either be your own best friend or your own worst enemy – you choose
Be your own best friend because the most important relationship you will ever have, is with yourself. You are with you twenty four seven for your whole life. And you get to choose how you live your life. Which are you going to choose? Your own best friend or your own worst enemy? Are you going to build yourself up or tare yourself down?
A good or bad life will depend on how you treat yourself
A good or crappy life depends on how you treat yourself. We are all a work in progress ( I know I am ) So be patient and kind to you, while you work on learning to love, take care and be your own best friend♡
My Mum always used to say to me as I was growing up – be your own best friend or be your own worst enemy. I didn’t understand this until my later years ( learned the hard way ) exactly what she meant, now I know ( not saying I always get it right though ) We are all a work in progress, but that’s okay
Being your own best friend means
- Be kind to yourself – even when you fail sometimes or make mistakes, remember you are always learning, growing and discovering through life and that will never end
- Be patient – no one is perfect, not even you, you are human so let yourself be human. No harsh judging or criticism
- Create your own happiness – no one else can do that for you or give it to you, and you certainly can’t buy it. YOU have to create it. Have fun, play, be silly, do what you enjoy and let your inner child be happy and free. Don’t take yourself or life too seriously all the time – laughter is one of the best medicines, laugh often!
- Be your own biggest fan – cheer yourself on, encourage yourself, motivate, inspire and empower yourself. Be proud of you, even if no one else is
- Selfcare – take good care of you, mind, body, heart and soul. Take charge of your health and wellbeing. You are your own responsibility
- Respect yourself – rest when you need to, listen to your body to it’s needs, do what is right for you and your life. Have consideration for everything you have been through and overcome, you are doing your best
- Be true to yourself – always do what is best for you, live your life your way – be you! and never compare yourself or your life to others
- Trust yourself – believe and have faith in yourself always, you survived this far!
- Love yourself unconditionally – just the way you are, you are enough! While gently and kindly working towards becoming the best version of you, and accepting you, where you are now
- Be confidant – tell yourself that you like yourself to build up that confidence and self-esteem – list all your good qualities
- Be authentic – be who you REALLY are, we all have flaws, you have to accept yours… you have to fully accept your WHOLE self to be able to BE WHOLE. There is no such thing as perfect! Be REAL – not perfect
Be you! Be real! so those who belong in your life can find you.
If you are NOT being your true self, how are YOUR crazies going to find you?
You are of better service to others when you are at your best
To be the best partner, parent, friend…etc… you need to be at your best first – those you love will benefit from you being at your best!
I know for some of us, it’s hard to put ourselves first. It feels wrong because we’ve been brought up and conditioned to believe self love is selfish – that’s a confusion with self-absorbion and egotism. Self love isn’t those things. Self love is quite simply that – self love. Beliefs can be changed for the better ( something I’m working on ) you can change your beliefs too
If you can believe that those you love, deserve to be loved – then why don’t you? why do you believe you are not worthy of your love aswell? Something to ponder
The more you give to you, the more you have to give others
You can’t pour from an empty cup
I hope you have enjoyed my post! What are your thoughts?
Love LittleWildflower x
2 thoughts on “Be your own best friend”
So true ♥️
Glad you agree😘it really is although sometimes hard eh💕