Be kind to the people around you because you have no idea what they’re going through in their lives
It doesn’t cost a thing to be kind to others.
- Be kind – to the woman in front of you in the que, that seems miles away – she could be exhausted from bringing up her kids alone because her marriage broke down. She’s struggling to juggle everything in her life.
- Be kind – to the man who rushes past you, knocking your cup of coffee out of your hand – he could be rushing to get to work and panicking he’s going to be late and can’t lose his job because he’s the main bread winner, his family are depending on him to provide, which puts pressure on him and causes anxiety.
- Be kind – to the woman behind the counter who makes a mistake with your change, she’s worried sick that her Mum is losing her battle with cancer and feels terrified of losing her but has to carry on with life.
- Be kind – to the old man in front of you blocking the path, he’s struggled for years with ill health and finds its difficult to walk well now.
- Be kind – to the homeless man you pass by, he’s had a really really shitty childhood of no fault of his own and finds himself in an awful predicament – this bad luck could happen to anyone – including you!
- Be kind – to that child at the park that seems to be bullying other kids, he has to go home to be bullied by a family member and none of the other family has even noticed.
- Be kind – to the young lady who is stacking shelves in the super market and can’t remember where an item is kept, she’s just had her heart broken by a boy she thought loved her.
- Be kind – to the old lady walking down the street on her own who stops to chat to you, which annoys you because you are on your way somewhere. She’s feeling lonely since losing her husband of over 40 years and feels lost without him.
- Be kind – to that mother at the nursery school who always seems sad and down, she’s still grieving the loss of her baby and feels heart broken every time she sees all the little one’s as she walks through those doors.
- Be kind – to that friend who never shows up to social gatherings, they really struggle with an anxiety disorder and find it very hard to leave the house or attend anything where there will be a lot of people. They are feeling too embarrassed to tell anyone how bad things are for them.
You do not know what other’s are going through in there lives
Everyone has their battles to conquer, obstacles to overcome, fears to face, demons to fight, hurts to heal, stresses to deal with, work to do, tears to wipe, problems to solve, issues to work out, illnesses to cure, relationships to maintain, families to take care of, hearts and minds to mend.
So be more mindful that just because some one looks well or always has a smile or “seems” to be getting on well in their life, isn’t always the full picture.
Most people tend to hide how they are REALLY doing or feeling
No ones life is all sunshine and flowers all the time, life is just not like that. In reality, we all face some if not all of these challenges at some point in our lives.
Sometimes life is hard and it hurts. Yet sometimes we have our shit together. No one really has a clue what we’re doing most of the time…We’re all just winging it!
We learn as we go along taking one day at a time, one step at a time. So be kind to yourself too♡
The next time someone irritates you or gets in your way, open your eyes and see the tears behind the smile the fear behind the brave face and look for the dark circles under their eyes due to tiredness or stress...there’s always little tell tale signs if you pay attention.
Be more understanding, show more compassion, empathy and have more patience but most of all – be kind♡
I hope you enjoyed my post
Love LittleWildflower x