Things you could do at home to stop the Boredom
I was a very outdoorsy kid, a little adventurer. I remember always feeling so bored when I was stuck in at home. I could never think of anything to do indoors.
When I grew up and had kids of my own, we were always out an about having adventures.
Then years later, I became agoraphobic and unable to go out on adventures. Yep the first few years I was bored senseless..unbelievably. I hated it. THEN I started to find things that I enjoyed doing at home. Now I absolutely love being home doing all the things I enjoy, it’s very peaceful and freeing.
So for me, nothing much has changed during all this. I’m used to staying home now. So I thought I’d write a post to help you get through this time at home.
Here’s a list of the things I enjoy at home
• Watching movies ( usually Disney)
• Playing puzzle games ( ipad)
• Spring cleaning/decorating/reorganizing home
• Listening to music
Here’s a list of ideas of things to do at home or why not write your own
• Phone/message family or friends
• Learn something new/courses
• Play puzzle games ( phone/ipad/tablet)
• Watch TV/netflix/movies
• Listen to music
• Workout/keepfit – look on YouTube
• Watch funny YouTube vids
• Have a pamper day – bath, do your hair or nails, face mask..ect..
• Spring clean, reorganise or do some DIY – no excuse now ha.
• Play board games
• Catch up with all the odd jobs around the house that you usually don’t have time for
• Rest – take naps or just relax
Try and see this time in a more positive light rather than in a negative way.
You never know, you might find hobbies that you enjoy doing, that you hadn’t realised before or find the time for a much needed rest. Spend some quality time with your loved ones or find more time to phone and chat.
Most of all stay safe and well at home.
If you enjoyed my post or found it useful, let me know in the comments.